The Art of Dance


Hello! My name is Elina and I'm majoring in Computer Science. I'm currently located in Vietnam, my beloved home country. The only positive thing COVID-19 has brought so far is that I got to stay with my family. It is a real blessing to have each other in these challenging times. This has given me the opportunity to take care of my parents and my pregnant sister. During the pandemic crisis, I spend most of the time with my family and working on my personal development.

Talking about my world of art, it all began with dancing. My first encounter with dancing was in 3rd grade when my mom enrolled me in a dance class. I was too mischievous and boyish at that time so she sent me to a dance class so that I could become more "feminine". It was just simply for pleasure and physical training purpose until one day, my dance teacher told my mom that I have the potential to become a professional dancer and suggested me to join a competition. We decided to give a try and surprisingly, I got the first place. My passion for dancing had started since then. I slowly immersed myself in the beauty of dancing and decided to enter the professional dancesport industry. As I grew up, I attended numerous national and international competitions and dancing had become an indispensable part of my life.

Dance to me is more than just moving to music, it is about finding my true self and expressing it in such an artistic way through choreography and facial expressions. The mystique about dancing is that it brings people together and connects the souls of everyone. This is the power of human connection. 

Dancing is like an escape for me, an escape from the harsh reality, an escape from the stresses of day to day life. It allows me the freedom to express myself in ways that I cannot whilst using words. The beauty of dancing is that each dance movement has a meaning and each performance contains a story. I believe that dancing conveys a message that cannot be delivered by any other language. 

The past ten years in the dance industry have shaped me into the person I am today and I'm eternally grateful for that. Thanks to dancing, I have been able to find my own identity, express myself artistically, and discover new things about myself.



This picture was taken when I joined an international competition for the first time and won a bronze medal.





Here are some of my performing photos when I attended national competitions.




These are some of the prizes I got in the past ten years.


Comments

  1. Wow! That's sooooo great! You're really amazing! The picture that you wear dance clothes are beautiful!🤩

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always admired dancers as dancing is one of the greatest interests of mine that I have never managed focus on since I was young. To see such a great achiever of dance at a young age like you, I am astounded!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts