Point, Line, Plane

“Point, line and plane are the building blocks of design” (p. 33). 

 


Calligraphy, also known as hand lettering, has always been one of my hobbies. This form of art allows artist to express thoughts through creativity and display their own imaginations. One of the reasons why I dived into it was because I like to make written language appealingHere is one of my works in calligraphy that is supported by two elements of art: point and lineThis drawing was influenced by a logo designer that I really like on social media. The lettering style that is used here allowed me to transpose the word's content into visual context, which makes the drawing even more captivating.  

According to Lupton, "A line is the connection between two points, or it is the path of a moving point." This connects to my calligraphy as for each letter that I drew, I always marked dots to indicate the position of the letters first then I used a ruler to draw lines that connect the points. That's basically how I start a hand lettering. It is time consuming, yet making sure that all the letters have the same size and are parallel. Through the reading and calligraphy that I made, I learnt that a point is literally the foundation of everything and we should "never underestimate the power of a point".




Comments

  1. Calligraphy is a kind of art. Every words are consisted of points and lines. Fluent lines can make the handwriting very pretty and neat. And I love your style of this work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts